When you hire American Rustic Builders, you’re doing business with the actual contractor that will build your home—one specially qualified in the unique log-home construction process.
Working directly with the builder, you also have the benefits of better cost and quality control. And you’re always closely connected to the one single point of accountability overseeing the entire project.
American Rustic is an Indiana company, but we build all across North America and, as members of the International Code Council, we stay up to date on all local and federal environmental, energy and safety codes.
American Rustic Builders is an authorized distributor for the Jim Barna Log and Timber Homes company—one of the largest and most historically innovative log home manufacturers in the industry.
Barna’s headquarters are located just outside the Big South Fork National Park on the border between Kentucky and Tennessee.
Every home we build features the handsome quality wood native to the region and the detailed craftsmanship that is a trademark of the Barna name.
Years of experimenting with various wood care stains and sealants has provided American Rustic Builders an enormous amount of knowledge and experience to determine the best performing products on the market today.
Our decision to use Weatherall Company® products is based on the lasting performance and customer satisfaction we’ve seen them deliver and our commitment to an engineered green philosophy.
Together with Weatherall, we’ve created a group of products that meet and exceed a strict set of standards and appropriate application methods.
COMPONENTS OF OUR SEALANT SYSTEM
A uniquely formulated chinking manufactured specifically for use where exceptional elasticity is required, such as green logs with greater moisture content, new log construction, or log or slab siding.
UV Guard® Premium Caulk
A smooth latex caulk with excellent UV resistance and weathering characteristics. This is the only caulk to use when appearance, weather resistance and long-term flexibility are critical. This is a professional grade sealant/caulk, exhibiting excellent adhesion and high recovery in dynamically moving joints.
Our maintenance program is unique to the industry and a perfect solution for preserving the beauty and value of your home for decades after its built.
Our maintenance service is customizable to best fit your budget and lifestyle—whether you need a combination of an annual maintenance coat with home inspections or a full restoration service program.
Maintenance Inspection Services
- Condition of stain, caulk, sealants and chinking—repair as needed.
- Water intrusion / roof splash—focusing on concentrated water areas.
- Landscape irrigation—checking for areas that attribute to the quality of finish and future water damage.
- Exterior washing—remove any dirt, debris, spores and pollen.
- Eaves and downspout—inspecting blockages and areas where water drainage endangers the wood and finish.
- Windows and doors—clean once a year, look for signs of settling. Check for loose trim due to settling.
- Interior walk through—checking for exterior water and foreign matter infiltration.
- Insect & miscellaneous infestation—inspecting for boring bees, beehives, bird nests and other insect infestation.
Complete Warranty Documentation, Support and Protection
- Every inspection and maintenance event will be fully documented and photographed.
- Documentation is both provided to you and stored in our files.
- Warranties are transferable in a home sale.
- Application, maintenance and inspection are provided by a certified applicator.
Flexible 3-year, 6-year and extended maintenance plans.